Keller magnetic separators clean steel or iron chips from coolant or oil in sumps.
In-Sump Magnetic Separators
Easy to install and remove for cleaning
Powerful 5000 gauss rare earth magnet rod
Made in the USA
SM-104, 1 Day
SM-109, 1 Week
Get These Benefits:
- Easy to install in sump, easy to remove for cleaning
- Ideal for water-base lubricants or straight oils
- Powerful 5000 gauss rare earth magnet rod
- Install magnetic rod in sump horizontally or vertically
- In-sump magnet separators greatly reduce solids load on coolant pump or in-line filters
The Keller in-sump magnetic separators are ideal for metalworking operations machining cast iron or steel. Install one or two in-sump magnetic separators close to the inlet of the coolant pump or the inlet to a Keller tramp oil pump/separator.
The basic Keller in-sump magnetic separator consists of a powerful rare earth magnetic rod attached to a flat circular magnet. To mount the magnetic rod horizontally in the sump, place the flat circular magnet against the side of the sump. To mount the magnetic rod vertically, place the flat circular magnet against the base of the sump. To clean the magnetic separator, remove from sump and wipe the collected chips into a chip drum. Note: Wear hand protection. Cleaning time: about 1 minute.
The 1-inch diameter rare earth magnetic rods with circular magnet attached are supplied in two lengths:
Two optional accessory items are offered:
- A handle which threads into the end of the magnetic rod, for convenience in installing and removing the rod assembly
- A stainless steel sleeve which slips over the magnetic rod to assist cleaning the collected chips when the assembly is removed from the sump. The stainless steel sleeve is recommended if the in-sump magnet is cleaned frequently.
Specifications and Ordering Information
|Magnetic Assembly||With 4″ Rod||With 9″ Rod|
|Stainless Sleeve for SM-104||LS-104||$75.00|
|Stainless Sleeve for SM-109||LS-109||$75.00|